Location: Slough and South East England including London. Travel within Europe will be required.
The role of the Senior Cable Technician will primarily be to act as a lead engineer on customer installations. During which, depending on the size of the deployment he/she will be expected to lead a team of up to 4 Cable Technicians / sub contracted engineers.
Principle Accountabilities / Objectives:
The engineer should be able to maintain an existing POP site as well as providing First Line Maintenance support (Remote Hands) to a varied customer base including working within SLAs for fault finding, hardware installation & replacement and issue resolution with TAC assistance.
He/she will also provide support in technical competence, observing Indigo-belcom’ s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) standards.
Principle accountabilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Confident in communicating directly to end customer over the following:
- Various Instant messenger applications
- Working in data centres duties will include hardware installation, cabling, auditing of customer equipment.
- Use of a Fluke Versiv tester to test Fibre and copper installations.
- First Line Maintenance support for Indigo-belcom Telecom Group to the current customer base.
- Respond to all interventions in a timely manner, ensuring as far as reasonably possible that all SLA’s are met
- Provide OOH on-call cover as required by agreed on-call rota.
- Provide the relevant Indigo-belcom PM/NOC with regular up-to-date information on progress of interventions/works.
- Provide Line Manager and relevant Project Manager/NOC with feedback regarding on-site issues.
- Complete and submit all paperwork and documentation within SLA
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships within Indigo-belcom Telecom Group.
Represent Indigo-belcom Telecom Group in a professional manner at all times, both externally and internally.
· Comply with company and local standards, procedures and protocols.
· Comply and work with the company with regard to Health and Safety.
· Complete other ad hoc duties as required
- Must have experience with Fibre Optic cabling
- Must have experience working in Data Centre environments
- Must be able to troubleshoot faults using various test equipment such as LSPM
- Must be able use a Fluke Versiv tester to test Fibre and copper
- Must be able to terminate copper cables.
- Must hold a Full UK driving licence.
- Must be a good oral and written communicator.
- Must have the ability to lead a team.
- Must have the ability to work on own initiative and deliver key objectives.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must have the ability to positively influence others.
- Must be PC literate, especially Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Excel.
- Must display the willingness and ability to pick up new systems quickly.
- Must have the ability to effectively manage own time and workload.
- Must show a flexible approach to the role, with the ability to adapt and react to business needs.
- Must be willing and legally able to work throughout Europe
Start date: As soon as possible.
Application: To apply for the position please send your CV to email@example.com